01 February 2007

Good Point

One of the hot button topics regarding the GOP field for 2008 is conservatism. Who among the declared candidates is the most conservative, etc. Friends, I'm conservative. On some issues, I'm to the right of Newt Gingrich and Jim Gilmore. This post at Evangelicals for Mitt caught my eye. I'll quote the last paragraph, and please note the last sentence.


And who would that be, pray tell? You name any -- and I mean any -- politician with the resume to be president, and I can immediately give you a position or statement they've made that would anger some significant part of our diverse and amorphous conservative movement. So let's stop looking into the clouds -- if the messiah does come between now and '08, I can promise you he won't be a GOP presidential candidate


No comments:

Post a Comment