25 May 2007

America Needs Duncan Hunter

This is posted at Bloggers 4 Duncan Hunter as well.

I firmly believe that Duncan Hunter is the man most qualified to lead America at this point in the life of our nation. For those of you who don't know me, I am Charlie Fugate from the blog Good Sense and I am proud to be a new supporter of Duncan Hunter's presidential campaign. I believe Mr. Hunter will provide leadership, vision and integrity in an hour where these qualities are needed. Let me explain why I support Mr. Hunter.

1.) He is Pro-Life - Mr. Hunter is explicitly pro-life and has the votes in Congress to back up his stance. From cloning to embryonic farming to the partial birth abortion ban, Duncan Hunter is committed to protecting the sanctity of human life. We owe the next generation of Americans nothing less than a committed pro-life President.

2.) He is Pro-Defense - Mr. Hunter has served as Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee and is a recognized leader in Defense and Homeland Security issues. Mr. Hunter understands what is required to properly defend our nation in uncertain times. In addition to this service, Mr. Hunter is a decorated Vietnam veteran. I would submit that Mr. Hunter's service has prepared him for understand intricate and complex defense issues.

3.) He is Fair Trade - Mr. Hunter understands that to expect high wage American workers to compete with low-wage workers is unrealistic and counterproductive. Mr. Hunter believes in Fair Trade where both sides honor committments to be equitable in trade. China has accumulated a huge trade surplus at our expense and is now building weapons that are trained on our shores.

4.) He is Fair Tax - To me, this was the deal maker. Mr. Hunter supports the Fair Tax which would eliminate the IRS and the income tax and replace it with a National Retail Sales Tax.These are but four main areas why I support Duncan Hunter for President.

No comments:

Post a Comment