15 December 2007

Knew it was coming

H/T to Ms. Carbone for this interesting find (at least for me). Virginia Bloggers against Mike Huckabee. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only conservative with reservations about Mr. Huckabee's viability as a candidate. I would hardly equate Mr. Huckabee's analysis with Dr. Al Mohler, Denny Burk, Dr. Daniel Akin, or Dr. Mark Dever. For those who are not familiar, these names are some of the foremost evangelical thinkers and theologians in the Southern Baptist Convention. I'll throw a few more sources that Mr. Huckabee should read. However, it should be noted that Mr. Huckabee is partially correct in one regard. There are branches of religion that believe and teach that Jesus and Satan were indeed brothers. This is so far outside the realm of orthodox Christianity that it hardly deserves comment other than to say that the Bible expressly teaches against this view.

1.) Norman Geisler -- A noted theologian in the evangelical movement and author of numerous books.

2.) John MacArthur - Staunch conservative pastor/theologian who is widely regarded as one of the top scholars in New Testament theology today.

3.) Elmer Towns - A leading thinker and professor at Liberty University. Special emphasis on systematic theology.

Should anyone desire to know my personal stance, I'm in full agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message as amended in 2000. I'm also in full agreement with the Chicago Statements on Biblical Inerrancy and Biblical Hermeneutics.

No comments:

Post a Comment