13 March 2007

Best of the Best: ODBA Archived posts

As I mentioned in an email to some friends, the wealth of talent in the ODBA is amazing. The clear, concise and logical posts are an inspiration to a blogger who enjoys his time at the keyboard. It is with this in mind that I will undertake to round up posts that I believe are significant and noteworthy from archived posts. This will be an ongoing project and don't be surprised to receive an email from me asking a few questions regarding your posts.

In January of 2006, Kilo from Spark It Up shared a series of posts containing excellent analysis of MSM coverage of the Sago mine tragedy. These posts also offered insight into what the miners, their families, and yes, even the coal company went through those nights in January. There are three posts that I feel are noteworthy and include the links here.

The first is entitled, Faith and Religion in the Coal Mine at Sago. This is a powerful post. The ending is particularly poignant and I will quote here for your benefit:

Here in the coalfields faith and religion are top priority for so many. I cant explain the reason but it could be that Jesus said, "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly of heart, and you shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."(Matthew 11:28-30)

Another post that is particularly interesting is this one that offers detailed opinion and analysis of the situation that cause the families so much grief... this one is entitled 12 Miners Dead, 1 in Critical Condition.

The final post that I found interesting from that tragic week is entitled Union. I would encourage all members of the ODBA to read (or re-read) these posts, comment at Kilo's blog and let him know how much we appreciate his insight.

The next post will look at The Right-Wing Liberal. This gentleman has unique insight into the international stage and our role in it. Look for this Round Up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment