14 March 2009

Counterpoint

My friend, The Virginia Gentleman, is a very astute observer of politics in Northern Virginia. I trust his judgment as much as I would my own. However, I do have one point of contention that I would like to make. David asserts:

Frederick is showing no signs of stepping down, and even if the State Central committee has the votes to remove him, Frederick could mount a floor fight at the State convention.

As is Mr. Frederick’s right to have his say in front of the people who elected him. I do not want to see a floor fight, but I’d rather see a man get his say in a public forum than to have him railroaded over something that could have been handled in a more genial fashion. I say, give the man a fair shake, and let the rank and file determine what it wants to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment