07 March 2009

I blew it

I can admit when I’m wrong. I wrote a comment on a blog yesterday that I shouldn’t have. I was wrong about saying that Jeff Frederick should step down. However, there is one part of the comment that I won’t back away from. I’m a firm believer that Bob McDonnell stepped over the line when he called for Frederick’s resignation. When we are less than 3 months away from the GOP Convention, what was he thinking interjecting himself into an interparty squabble? He should have left well enough alone and started the process of unifying and energizing the base for this fall. Whether we want to admit it or not, Jeff Frederick was elected by the party to lead  it. Now the GOP wants an out? 

I have been a GOP partisan since I was a junior in high school. I’ve seen the ups and downs, I’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly that comes with partisan politics. This has the potential to be one of the most ugly episodes for the RPV in recent memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment