19 April 2009

Scouting – An American Tradition.

Phil, at Yankee Phillip, has this post about the Boy Scouts Camporee at Montpelier, the home of James Madison. I, for one, support the Boy Scouts and its mission. I also support the Scout Oath, which states:

On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times; 
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

This country would be better off if more adults took this to heart. I also believe the characteristics spelled out the in the Scout Law would vastly improve this nation.

A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly,
courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty,
brave, clean, and reverent.

Put your name in place of the word Scout. Do you possess these attributes?

2 comments:

  1. I would agree 100 percent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the linkage. It was a great day. If you want to see more pics go to NewHopePack86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete